Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller Review
It’s no secret that we parents adore our babies. We want nothing but the best for our kids and that means that the baby products we spend our money on the need to live up to their promises. There’s nothing I like to do more than write reviews for baby products (it gives me another excuse to spend more time with my babies after all.) So I was happy to put together this research about the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller Stand-On Tandem – whew try saying that three times fast.
Double strollers are extremely in-demand these days. Parents who have twins have always known how important a reliable double stroller is and parents with children close in age are starting to figure this out too. If you’ve ever been out for the day with twins or with a baby and a toddler, you’ll appreciate how handy a good double stroller really is.
So if you’re ready, let’s put the Joovy Caboose Tandem Stroller through its paces and see if it is as good as people say it is.
Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller Facts
I have to get this out of the way at the very beginning of my review. I think the Joovy Caboose is a great stroller. I’ve been a parent for 10 years and have been through quite a few strollers over the years. I don’t take recommending a double stroller lightly because it is very important for parents to have a stroller that they can rely on, especially when there are two bundles of joy in the stroller.
To start off with, the Joovy Caboose Ultralight lives up to its name. This thing is really lightweight. It weighs in at an amazing 25.9 pounds. There are lots of single strollers that are much heavier than the Joovy Ultralight. I was very happy to find that even though the Joovy is light, it is still very sturdy and safe. I’ve purchased some light strollers that were so flimsy and rickety that I’ve always been suspicious of lightweight strollers, especially double strollers. Thankfully the Joovy Caboose has proven that a stroller can be extremely light and still be sturdy and safe for babies and toddlers to ride in.
Handles Like a Dream
For a stroller to really be considered good it has to be maneuverable. There’s nothing worse than pushing around a stroller that just doesn’t respond well to turns. The Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller is the easiest stroller to control. It turns easily and can fit through doors without a problem. You’ll appreciate the easy handling of the Joovy Caboose Stroller the first time you take your kids out for a stroll – it really is that impressive.
Is This a Stroller for Twins?
I can see parents of twins using this, but it is really geared toward families who have a baby and a toddler too. The sit and stand feature allow for flexibility in seating arrangements for the toddler who just can’t make up his or her mind (pretty much all toddlers right?) The front seat is made for the younger sibling and the rear seat/platform is easily customizable for toddlers. The rear seat/platform is easily adjusted from a full seat, for when toddlers want to sit comfortably, to a safe stable platform where they can stand up. We all know how toddlers like their independence, this stroller gives them a taste of independence while still keeping them safe and out from under your feet. That feature alone is priceless to me…
Some Pretty Darn Cool Extras
The Joovy Stroller is safe for the kids. It is a dream come true for toddlers and it looks pretty darn good too. Of course, as parents, we’re always concerned about safety with strollers and buying a product that will last – the Joovy Caboose certainly over-delivers on all the big concerns, but it’s the little extras that I find so fascinating and fun.
Here’s some of the cool stuff that this stroller offers:
- A universal adapter for car seats. This lets you securely stroll with infants and newborns and keeps them safe in their car seat. This is a must for parents of newborns and infants.
- A generous storage compartment. With the compact size of this double stroller, it is amazing that parents get so much storage space too.
- Cup holders for the kiddies. You know how the kids like to have their sippy cups and bottles with them. Joovy has you covered here.
- An awesome, parent’s organizer with a zipper. This handy little feature lets you store your car keys, cell phone, and other essentials so they don’t get lost. The organizer really makes going out with the kids much easier. No more fumbling and dropping stuff – you simply zip it up in the organizer.
- A sun canopy that actually works. I don’t know if you know this or not, but a lot of the best strollers on the market have some pretty crummy sun canopies. The Joovy has a canopy that actually (Gasp!) keeps the sun off of your babies.
- There are a few colors to choose from. The Joovy Caboose comes in Black, Blueberry, Camo, Brownie, Greenie & Orangie. Seriously, how can you not love a stroller with such cute color names? And yes they look cute too. My favorite is blueberry, but the camo is pretty cool too!
Here’s what some Joovy Caboose owners are saying on Amazon.com:
- “We tried them all–this is the one!”
- “Wonderful Sit and Stand”
- “So glad we got this!”
- “Great tandem stroller”
If you want to see additional customer reviews, you can click here to see full reviews on Amazon.
The Bottom Line
Like I said at the beginning of this review, I really like this product. I don’t do the whole naming the competition and complaining about them in public thing, but I will tell you that compared to some of the other, big name strollers that I have owned, this stroller comes out on top.
Is the Joovy Caboose Lightweight Stroller the perfect stroller? Um, that depends on what you mean by perfect. We all know that no product is perfect. The one thing that irks me about this stroller is that you have to use two hands to fold it. I know….I know – I sound like a diva, but I guess I’m lazy. The Joovy is easy to close, you just have to use two hands to do it. If you’re not as lazy and hard to please as I am, you’ll have no problems with this fact. It’s a minor complaint, but I had to mention it.
My rating for this stroller is a definite 6 thumbs up – two from each of the kids and two from me.
Where to buy it?
The online stores and local retail stores sell the Joovy Caboose for an average price, depending on which style you choose. You can pick it up at Amazon, again depending on the color/style you choose. Amazon also offers their very cool Free Shipping on this item, so that will save you a bundle as well.
To find out more or to purchase this one – click here to go to Amazon now.
Thank you for reading – I hope it was helpful.