Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller Review
Having two infants to manage is a massive task. Luckily, using the Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT Double Stroller can make your job easier and more enjoyable. This side by side stroller can take your kids wherever you want to go. It is light, easy to move around and the all-terrain wheels are extremely strong and powerful.
They do not get damaged easily. The seats are very comfortable and keep your babies happy and cheerful when seated in there.
Read on to find out more about this product.
City Mini GT Double Stroller Features
The Baby Jogger takes terrain strolling to higher levels. It comes with powerful features and a large storage area. This product is using the patented quick fold technology with this side by side stroller. The mounting bracket is fitted with removable auto-lock; hand operated parking brake flip-flop and adjustable handlebar which can be used to accommodate different heights.
Children up to 5 years can use the stroller. You will not want to use it once they reach 6 years of age. The child tray is not included, and that means you need to get one separately from Baby Jogger. The fabric of the stroller is a soft cloth that can be washed using a machine. The leg room in the stroller is pretty excellent and can seat a distance of 10″.
The best part about the stroller is that you can easily push it around. Sometimes you will find it is difficult to move around on rough surfaces, but on paved roads and surfaces, you will find the going easy. The handlebar on the stroller is adjustable, and you can swing it up and down. The front wheels come with individual suspension system, and the rear wheels do not have anything.
There is a storage compartment which is shaped like a basket. It can be used to fit a large backpack. The product is offered with a limited lifetime warranty and a one year warranty which is for fabrics. The stroller is 44 inches in length, 29.75 inches wide, and 30 to 3.5 inches tall. It depends on the seats reclined when unfolded.
Upon folding it contracts 12.5 inches long, 29.75 inches wide, and 31 inches tall. Here is something you will want to note. Coming at just 29.75 inches wide, you can easily fit it inside doors that are below 30 inches wide. The full manual can be downloaded from the company website in PDF format and comes in several languages including English, French, and Spanish.
The canopy of this stroller is one of the main talking points. Their UV 50+ sun canopy can be used in multiple positions. Based on your kid’s convenience, you can adjust it. Apart from that, you can even use it to keep an eye on your children when taking them out for a stroll. You can do that through the windows present which gives you an easy view of what they are doing.
Seats and braking
The seats are very comfortable and spacious. You can easily seat your both infants without issues. They are supported by padded seats which can recline. These seats can be reclined to a flat position. They are also vented which improve the airflow. They also come with a five point safety harness, shoulder pads, and buckle cover.
There are rear parking brakes and large seat back storage compartments. The parking brake is powerful and can be applied using your legs. When walking on an inclined surface, then you will be glad to know that you can easily move it around without the fear of it rolling down. You have total control of the stroller.
The wheels of Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT are all-terrain which is ideal for paved and uneven roads. Those of you living in remote areas would appreciate the feature. If the roads are hard and uneven, then you might be aware that the wheels can give in and get damaged. That is not the case here. The all-terrain wheels come with good suspensions that they provide you excellent control.
This stroller can also be used as the perfect travel system. If you are worried about whether you can use it when taking your infant twins outside, then you are wrong. It is ideal for those of you who visit shopping malls and parks often. You can use the perfect car seat adapter which blends with your vehicle seat.
All you need to do is snap it in, and you are ready to go.
Advantages Of City Mini GT Double Stroller
- You can easily watch over your kids as they are seated on either side. Anytime, you can look inside to see what they are doing. Unlike other tandems where you have to move front to see what your kids are doing.
- You can easily push the stroller because it is lightweight. A little more than 30 pounds, the stroller can be easily movable. Sometimes motherhood can take its toll on you. The rubber handle gives you sufficient grip to be able to push them up ramps in shopping malls and paved roads in the park.
- The canopies are very huge. The canopies are larger than other contemporary strollers and that gives plenty of room for your kids. Sometimes infants love to have space and not be crouched either side. That is not the case here with large area canopy.
- The material used on the outside and inside is powerful, yet mild. They can withstand strong winds, rain, and heat. Inside the seats are made from soft material which allows your kids to rest comfortably as you push them.
- They are extremely durable. Unless you really misuse them or handle them badly, they will get damaged. Otherwise, they can be used easily for more than 5 years. The recommended use is for 5 years. After that, you can either discard it or give it to someone else having twin infants for use.
- These are all terrain strollers. Seldom will you find strollers that can be used for all-terrain. You need to make your twins seated beside each other and push the stroller around. It is not unstable on uneven surfaces, but you can get a little resistance. This is when the shock absorption comes into play which lets you move them smoothly.
Disadvantages of City Mini GT Double Stroller
- The product is priced on the higher side. It is not a cheap double stroller. The stroller is pretty expensive and not everybody can afford that kind of money.
- It is slightly on the heavier side. Though it is sturdy and powerful, weak individuals might find it slightly difficult to maneuver around.
The Baby Jogger is a must for parents with twins. You can easily take your children outside with it, to the park, shopping malls, and just about where you need to. With so many useful features, it is lightweight as it weighs only 32.5 pounds, reasonably priced, and the fact that it can hold more than 100 pounds should be enough to answer your needs.
Not to mention, you can get it easily fitted inside your car to make it the perfect travel companion. You cannot ask for more.
The Baby Jogger 2016 City Mini GT is a nice choice. It comes with large canopies that protect your kids from the sun, rain, winds, and other challenging climatic conditions. You will also find the storage compartments extremely useful as you can store all your accessories in there. All-wheel suspensions are strongly built and can withstand uneven surfaces.
When you are looking for genuine help to guard your children while you take them outside, then this side by side stroller is your ideal choice. As it is having twins require plenty of hands, these do their job extremely well. It is safe to say that this is the best stroller you can get in the market meeting all your expectations though it is expensive. With excellent features and overall value, it is not surprising to find that many parents want to buy this kind of double stroller.